Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall

Every day we walk onto property that is owned by someone else. Whether it is a store, mall, restaurant, a sports facility, a sidewalk, or a rented home, the owners of these properties have an obligation to ensure that they are reasonably safe for those people who attend them.

These accidents can happen because of inadequate maintenance, unsafe stairways, ice or snow that creates slippery conditions, uneven flooring or sidewalks, or other dangerous conditions.

If you have slipped or tripped or fallen on property owned or by someone else, or if you have sustained an injury on property owned by someone else, you may be entitled to bring a claim for compensation. Let our team investigate the property where you were injured to find out the owner and who was responsible for the maintenance of it. You could be entitled to compensationfor pain and suffering, loss of earnings, and the costs of future medical care. Your family members may also be entitled to compensation because of the impact of your injuries on them.

If you have sustained an injury on property owned by a town, city, or other level of government, it is important that you speak with a lawyer as soon as possible as there are very short and strict timelines within which you must give notice of your claim or you could lose your rights to receive compensation.