What to do If you are Involved in a Car Accident
- The first thing to do is call the police if anyone might be injured or if any of the drivers appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Record the information of all of the other drivers and vehicles. You can use a cell phone to take pictures of the documentation and license plates.
- You should also record the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of passengers and witnesses and record some details about the scene of the accident.
- Contact your insurance company to report the accident
What Not to do
- Do not leave the scene without stopping and exchanging information with the other drivers involved.
- Do not argue with other drivers and passengers. Wait for the police to arrive and tell them what happened.
- Do not admit fault or take responsibility, or promise to pay for any damage.
- Do not accept any offer for direct payment for damage from other
Contact a personal injury lawyer such as McNally Gervan to obtain a free consultation on the benefits available and to understand your rights after an accident