Janan completed both her undergraduate studies in political science and her law degree at the University of Ottawa in French. While in law school, Janan was involved with the University of Ottawa’s Community Legal Aid Clinic and competed in a number of moot competitions, including the Laskin Moot. She was awarded first place in the Gowling WLG first year moot competition.
Janan enjoys travelling with her family and friends and exploring different cuisines and cultures. During her undergraduate studies, Janan completed an internship with a non-governmental organization in the Palestinian Territories which promoted access to education for children.
Janan is passionate about advocating on behalf of injured individuals. Before joining McNally Gervan, Janan completed her articles at a well-known Ottawa litigation firm and worked as an associate at a personal injury boutique.
- Member, County of Carleton Law Association
- Member, The Advocacy Club
- Member, Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, L’Association des juristes d’expression française de l’Ontario et
- le Comité des jeunes juristes
- Women’s Legal Mentorship Program
- Law Help Ontario
- Pro Bono Students Canada
- Amnesty International Canada