OCF-2: Employer’s Confirmation form
Contact Us Today
What is the Employer’s Confirmation form (OCF-2)?
You and your employer(s) must complete the OCF-2 form, also known as the Employer’s Confirmation form. The employer is responsible for submitting this document directly to your insurance provider. Those individuals injured in an accident can incur lost wages, significant financial loss, and reduced quality of life. Therefore, if you are an insured victim of an accident, you must submit the OCF-2 form to receive income replacement benefits as compensation for a specified percentage of lost wages.
You can download the OCF-2 here.
What information does the OCF-2 require?
In addition to asking you to include your personal information, the form requires that you grant your employer permission to disclose personal information to your insurance provider, including copies of relevant documentation relating directly to your income-replacement benefits application and any details regarding collateral sources of income or benefits. The insurance company will also request:
- salary information,
- your attendance history,
- your income, including any tips, commission, or bonuses,
- whether you are a member of a union,
- whether you are entitled to receive income continuation benefits, supplementary medical rehabilitation, or attendant care benefits
- whether you are employed or self-employed,
- whether you contribute to the Canada Pension Plan; and
- other important employment details.
Complete this form correctly so that you receive, without delay, full compensation or benefits for your injuries.
How can a personal injury lawyer help me complete the OCF-2?
Although your employer will submit this form to the insurance company, you can enjoy many benefits by hiring a personal injury lawyer to oversee your accident claim. Primarily, our personal injury lawyers will:
- ensure you meet all your relevant deadlines;
- handle correspondence with the insurance company on your behalf; and
- manage your entire claim to ensure the medical professionals, vocational experts, and your employer fulfill their claims-processing responsibilities.
Ultimately, we aim to win you the benefits or settlement you rightfully deserve while you focus on recovering.
Ready To Get Started?
Call Us For A Free Consultation
The personal injury lawyers at McNally Gervan LLP understand the system and are here to help car accident victims in Ottawa get the support they need and the benefits they deserve.
If you have a question or need assistance, our team of personal injury lawyers is here to help. We know every personal injury case is unique and we work hard to make sure our clients are fairly compensated.
If you are unable to travel to our downtown Ottawa office, one of our lawyers or paralegals can come to meet you at your home or some other convenient location. During the free consultation, we will get to know you and to understand the nature of your injuries, as well as the impact the accident is having on you and your family. Contact us for a free Consultation. We know it’s personal.